Welcome to Uni Ears v3!
There were some big changes with this update:
- No longer Omega compatible.
- Older appliers will not work with v3.
- A boxed version of v2.1 is included for when you MUST use older appliers.
- BAKES ON MESH! Yeah, 2.1 had it, but now it’s better! Now BoM layers are on AUX1. In the event that your layers are on AUX2, there is a button for that as well, just in case.
- New scripts, materials, and a shiny new HUD!
If you have any questions, please get a hold of us via the bot SoulInviterBot Resident
or join our Discord.
- .:S:. Uni Ears [v3] – The Ears
- .:S:. Uni Ears [G2] Skin & Tattoo [BOM 1]
- .:S:. Uni Ears: [v3] – HUD
- .:Soul:. Developer Kit – Uni Ears [v3]
- .:Soul:. No Ear/Lashes Alpha + Texture
- .:Soul:. Tattoo Blender Rings 25, 50, 75% (TINT ME) < Classic Face Only
- .:Soul:. Uni Ears [v2.1] – The Ears
- Notecard to these Instructions.
- Update Notecard.
- Gen2 BoM Skin Layers are available separately.
- The ears will work with EvoX however, some of these instructions and add-ons will not.
- Hair bases that have hair in front of the ears, especially those that overlap the area where the base of the ear is, will overlap with these ears.
- With all mesh attachments, there is no absolutely “perfect” or seamless matching because of how the light hits mesh prims versus the SL avatar. The best windlight settings are CalWL and Nams Optimal Skin and prim. Keep in mind that windlight settings only change YOUR view, not others.
- Do NOT unlink your ears from the root prim or rename them, that will break them! If you want to add earrings, etc. to the ears, link them in addition without modifying the ears. Also, other scripts will not work when linked to the ears, so if you have scripted earrings, I recommend “add”ing them instead of trying to link them to the ears.
- A note on the Mer ears. These ears, while having the same UV layout as the other ears, take a different texture due to shading. Not all creators will make appliers for them, so be sure of what you are purchasing.
**Make a COPY of the Ears BEFORE editing!**
Wear the Ears, HUD, and any BoM layers you would like for these ears.
You may need to adjust your ear shape to fit the mesh ears better.
Some adjustment will be needed to get the ears to fit your head shape best. The ears are individual pieces, and I’ve tried to make them easy to adjust manually. Edit Linked to select each ear separately.
Bakes on Mesh (BoM):
You can use various BoM layers over one another to achieve the desired effect. Simply wear them as you would any other tattoo or skin layer.
If it doesn’t show up correctly, it may be because the wrong BoM is selected. On the HUD, go to either the Tattoo tab or Skin tab, whichever you’re having issues with and change between the BoM layers via the buttons.
Note: BoM Layers are tinted via the edit window, not the HUD and have no way of adjusting Glow or transparency.
Using the HUD:
Wear the HUD, it will attach to the bottom left side.
The Skins side has 18 predefined skin textures made to match the Gen2 skins by .:Soul:. in both Standard and Mer texturing.
If you have a BoM layer from another creator, you can wear that and apply the skin texture with that.
Best to be set in this order.
- Choose your desired tattoo.
- Select the color of your Tattoo.
- Then adjust the transparency and glow to your desired effect.
When setting Glow, if you change the transparency, it will automatically turn off the glow. Just set the glow again to your desired level. You can also “hide” the tattoo layer, then set the glow to only have glow, but no texture!
Play around with the options and have fun!
Use the Tinter on the Tinting Tab on the HUD to match the skin texture to another skin or to change the color of the Tattoo Layer. To apply the tinting, click the “Apply to” buttons.
Tinting Undo Feature:
To reset the color to white, click the white box beside the grey gradient panel on the Tinting Tab.
I have added 42 save slots to the HUD for your convenience. Should you need more, make a copy of the HUD and use that. (and know you’re crazier with colors than I am!)
Appliers are no longer supported in v3, however v2.1 has been included in case that is the only way, however, the new HUD and layers may not work with v2.1.
If you are a creator that is interested in the Developer’s Kit for the ears, the Developer Kit is included to make your own BoM layers. Feel free and let me know you’ve made them via SoulInviteBot or our Discord.
Blender Rings: (Classic face only)
These are an unscripted add-on to fit around the base of the ears to possibly help them blend into skins that are harder to match to. You do not need to wear these rings, and there is no guarantee they will fit your head shape perfectly. To Edit, edit Linked and select each one. To tint, you can simply tint the whole thing manually without worrying about affecting the ears themselves.