This applies to the following .:Soul:. Products:
- Kissers – SLUV
- Syreni Gills & HeadFins – Hybrid
- Naikkim Head Tendrils – Hybrid
- Tails – Hybrid
- Uni Ears – Not SLUV
- Lickers – Not SLUV
- More coming soon!
- SLUV = Takes regular skin/makeup/tattoo textures. No modification of these is needed.
- Hybrid = Takes both standard SLUV and custom textures.
- Not SLUV = Does not take SLUV textures at all and has custom UVs.
Some items take Omega Appliers, either Body or Head, so if you are already making Omega compatible appliers for the skin, makeup, or tattoo/clothing layers, Congratulations! You’re already halfway there and possibly done depending on which product you are creating for!
Steps to Start Creating:
- Purchase the Core Developer Kit. This contains all of the scripts and HUDs you need to apply to .:Soul:. Products.
- There will be an invitation to the .:Soul:. Developer Group upon purchase. This group is optional and there to help in case of questions, etc. You can join later at any time by clicking the sign beside the Developer kits.
- Purchase (free) the Individual Kits for the products you want to make for.
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS!
- Save the UV Guide(s) for each product to your computer if there are any.
- Use the UV guide(s) to make sure everything is lined up correctly and to create your textures.
- TEST your textures! (Assuming you have the item you are making for, you can make a copy and use Local Bitmap Browsing to view your textures on the item as you create and tweak them without having to upload over and over and pay that upload fee.)
What should textures be saved as?
- If it’s meant to be transparent (Tattoo, Clothing, Makeup) then save it as a PNG or better, a TGA 32bit.
- If it is meant to be solid (Skin, Teeth, etc.) either as a JPEG or a TGA 24Bit.
Textures all done? Good! Now you can start making the Appliers for them.
Configuring the Appliers:
(You will need a little scripting know-how to use these, but it’s all simple enough if you follow the instructions.)
- You CAN remove the applier scripts and use them in a HUD/button of your own creation! (See Below!)
Generic .:Soul:. HUD Appliers –
(After keys are downloadable UVs, AOs, Etc.)
First… Pick your layer here… this is where the textures will apply.
string layer = “REPLACE_ME“;
currently supported layer options… (hint: copy and paste them over REPLACE_ME)
- soulSkin (Takes from head, UV)
- soulMakeup (Takes from head)
- soulHAccent (Takes from head)
- soulWhiskers (AO)
- soulTeeth ( UV, AO)
Syreni Gills & HeadFins:
Naikkim Head Tendrils:
- soulTongue (UV)
- soulear (Standard UV, Standard AO, Mer UV, Mer AO)
**NOTE: The following are used by most items and are the skin layers. This means items should take each other’s skin appliers, providing the full texture is used for the correct section. Easier for everyone to use and create for!
- soulSkin = Head Texture
- soullSkin = Lower Texture
Write the UUID of your skin and/or gill textures here.
If you do NOT have a specific texture….set them to
and the scripts will ignore that one.
Further instructions are in the script itself showing you where to place each texture.
** Note: Skins with lipsticks on them should still go on the Skin layer since these are full coverage mouths and that way they work with other soulSkin compatible items.
Advanced Materials .:Soul:. HUD Appliers –
Note that the format is similar, but not the same as Standard Omega Appliers. (Chellynne Bailey did write both the new .:Soul:. scripts and Omega after all!)
Create a notecard. Pick a name that makes sense to you. In the notecard you are going to list the information for your appliers one line per design like this:
It should look like this with all the data plugged in:
Make sure the prim name you choose is more descriptive than my “Button 1”, as it will be displayed below the applier and in local chat.
Once you’re done with setting up the notecard, save it and replace the one included with the applier with it. If you are simply editing my notecard, reset the scripts on the HUD.
Cannot stress this enough! Be sure to TEST your appliers to make sure they work, apply to the right layer, and look right! No one wants a mad customer.
**Important Note: There should only be one script and one NC in the root when you are done.
For instructions on how to make your own, custom, Advanced Materials Applier, Click Here.